TECH TIPS: COMPUTERS & TECHNOLOGY
1-HOUR ORIENTATION SEMINARS FOR SENIORS
NOTE: Designed for non-computer users & experienced computer users
CONTACT: Dr. Katie Canty at seniortechacademy@yahoo to schedule 1 or more workshops
- pinterest.com – Pinterest is a pin board-style photo sharing website that allows users to create and manage theme-based image collections such as events, interests, hobbies, and more. Users can browse other pin boards for inspiration, “re-pin” images to their own pin boards, or “like” photos. Pinterest is a tool for collecting and organizing things you love.
- How to Boost Your Brain Power Through Computer Use – See What Online Activities Give Aging Brains a Boost
- Exercise for Arthritis? There’s an App for That – An innovative health program blends digital experiences with face-to-face support. Physical activity really does help. Learn how to make exercise work for you.
- Introduction to Desktop Publishing Project – How to Create Your Own New Coloring Book Project + Emoji for Seniors
- Introduction to Word Processing Essentials – We will cover the creation of your first document. You’ll learn to move around in your document, using formatting marks, moving text by using Cut and Paste, and changing line spacing and alignment.
- Editing & Sharing Your Photos -See the Easy Way to Digitize Old Photos
- e-mail Fundamentals Orientation – You’ve Got Mail
- How to Stay Connected with Social Media
- An Octogenarian’s Unexpected Online Love Story + Not Your Typical Uplifting Senior Stories